PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : hl 2 update

aarsch
9 October 2003, 09:32
from planethalflife

"Anonymous Leaker" Speaks 39 Comments
10/8/2003 10:09 PST | Half-Life 2 | by Fragmaster
I'm not sure if it's really a great idea to post this, but "Anonymous Leaker" -- the guy who is apparently responsible for releasing the slightly playable pre-Alphaish version of HL2 which is unfortunately in circulation -- has released a statement of sorts. Here's a snip:
To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to understand it wasnt finished yet.
Also I'd like to point out the E3 [demo] was one big fake by Valve. Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no such thing as a much better release in Valves network!

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do.

================

Yikes. WARNING, BRIEF EDITORIALIZING AHEAD!
I'm not going to sit here and say I completely agree with Valve's policies, because I've criticized them in the past regarding how they handled the original release date delay announcement, among other things. And judging by what this guy says about the status of the game and professional game developer's analysis of what has leaked so far, it does seem pretty clear that the game isn't really that close to being done and hasn't even reached solid Beta status.

If this assessment is true, that would contradict a whole bunch of things Valve has said in the past, and make their behavior regarding the whole 9/30 release date drama even more questionable. But even so, that doesn't give "Anonymous Leaker" the right to help distribute stolen property. Leaking pre-release content like this hurts the fans, it hurts Valve, and it only serves to cause further delays in Half-Life 2's development.

Again, we encourage you to steer clear of all this junky leaked content. Don't support the actions of retarded, lonely, socially inept children who want to be big shots on IRC.

SpiNe
9 October 2003, 12:36
hhhmmzzz dus ze hebben de full version?:{

nou leuk is dat :notgood:

FunFair
18 October 2003, 09:22
lol :d

wat een nerd die gast :p