Onderwerp: wie gaat K1 winne?
Enkele bericht bekijken
Oud 17 April 2005, 23:18   #61
Red_Scorpion

Standaard

de red scorpion woont nu in NZ, dus gooien we hier maar een interviewtje neer

Citaat:
How do you feel at the moment, how are your physics?
I feel just fine, almost recuperated entirely from my last fight accident. Stamina is great!!!

Is it difficult for you to adjust to your new environment?
In the beginning I had some difficulties, but with the fantastic support of my local friends it was rapidly overcome. The country (New-Zealand) is so nice and the people, too.

Why did you decide to life in New-Zealand for a while?
I simply needed a new environment, with less hastle than the one I have back home. It allows me to train more consistantly.

Is training in NZ different from Belarus?
I would say yes, to some extend. I'm swimming a lot...
Otherwise, the specific training is almost the same.
My coach is with me and his training programmes are like before.

Is the food better in NZ? ...you like icecream so NZ will be 'heaven'?
Food is great and very tasty. As for the icecream,I better not think about it too much...(now he looks with a big smile on his face towards his coach Andrei)

What can we expect this year from you?
My ambitions are high and I'm trying to put all the chances on my side. The comeback fight after my injury is on April 30st, here in Auckland. As for the rest of the season, "wait and see".

Fighting for the NZ team vs Australia... completely unexpected to your fans?
Dixon McIver, the local Promoter is doing the show with New Zealand facing Australia. People got used to see "mercenaries" representing clubs and countries these days. As I'm here, staying and training.

How is is your English? ...can we expect a 'spoken' interview in English this year?
You certainly can expect it, no poblem! But I'm not sure you'd understand everything I'll say...hahahahaha

Did you allready had a 'hangi'*?
Of course! Locals are so proud of their culture. No way to escape from it.

What about a HAKA? ...can we expect an IGNASHOV-HAKA?
Event Maoris are jalous of my HAKA... (and once again he's almost in tears for laughing. It's going pretty well with Alexey down under!)

What are your expectations of your upcomming fight vs. Peter graham?
To perform to a high standard and please the crowd and the Promoter, I'll defeat Peter.

Peter Graham is probably the most experienced fighter in Australia and maybe the oldest as well... do you know him?
We did study Peter as much as possible. He can be very dangerous with his awkward style and I must be aware of his special technics.

Is there anything you would like to share with your fans?
As usual, ask them to support me in good and bad moments.

*If you're invited to a hangi in New Zealand, what would you expect? Hangi actually refers to the method of cooking in the ground with hot stones, or to the underground oven so created, and to the food so cooked.

When you're asked to a hangi, you're actually being invited to a feast of Maori food cooked in the manner described. Various types of meats and vegetables, such as kumara or sweet potato, are wrapped in leaves or, in an acquiescence to modernity, aluminium foil. These items of wrapped food are then placed in a hole in the ground and cooked with hot stones for two to three hours.

Hangi is also known by the term umu.

Laatst aangepast door Red_Scorpion : 17 April 2005 om 23:41
  Met citaat antwoorden