Ga Terug   Leerlingen.com Forum > Algemeen > School
FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen

School Problemen met een verslag? Enquete houden? Plaats het hier als het met school te maken heeft.

Antwoord

Onderwerpopties Waardering: Onderwerp waardering: 8 stemmen, 5,00 gemiddeld. Weergavemodus
Oud 7 March 2003, 13:34   #1
aarsch

Standaard engels mondeling

willen je me aub ff helpen met me engels mondeling?
door de volgende tekts gramaticaal helemaal te corrigeren.
en eventueele toevoegingen?

English test

I will be talking about violence in computer games and the effect it has on people.
I chose this subject because a friend of mine me an essay about this, and I found it really interesting. I by me self play pretty much computer games and would like to know your opinion about violence in them, how far can you go?

And I would like to discus some people who went insane and killed people, columbine high school in America for e.g. another e.g is the owner of a toy store, he banned all the games out of his store because his 7 year old nephew played games in with he needed to kill people by driving over them, or an other game in you needed to be a criminal and beat up people with baseball bats.

First of all I would like to give some (extreme) examples of violent computer games. Carmagadon I, II & III in this game its your goal to destroy your opponents in a brutal racing car within the time limit. You can gain some extra time by driving over pedestrians and animals. People boycotted the game because of the fact that you can drive over people, this would give a wrong expression to the kids. the nephew of the owner of the toy store () was playing this game. I’ve played the game myself and I must say it is really violent, limbs flying all over the place. The game was originally made for people that are 16 years and older its on the box with big red letters!
(now I am asking the teachers opinion)

G.T.A 1,2 and 3 (vice city)
In this game it is the goal to become a criminal, you start in a big city and you can do what ever you want! Steal a car drive over pedestrians, beat regular civilians down and steal their cash. You can get jobs for the mafia by answering payphones. 1 and 2 where no favourites among the parents because of the “liberty” but the reason why they weren’t boycotted that much was because they where not the “graphical” the game was 2d and from an above perspective. But gta 3 on the other hand was completely 3d which gave the game different perspective. It really became “liberty city” you could beat up people with a baseball bat. If you pulled a car over you can violently pull the driver out of his car, throw him on the ground spit in his face and drive away in the car. Then there is GTA vice city which is an expansion to GTA 3. the graphics are slightly improved and its al in the Miami vibe around the 70’s this game is developed for 30 year old people! His 7 year old nephew was playing this game!

Postal 1 & 2
Postal 1 was a game where you play the a rather disturbed character who went insane. And killing everybody in his way. But recently the developers decided to make postal 2. there is a lot of commotion about this game because you need to shoot gay people. The Dutch gay organisation (don’t blame me ) is boycotting the game because of useless violence against gay people. This game is rather weird you can use a cat as a silencer for you gun?

Soldier of fortune 1 & 2
SOF 1 is a computer in which you play a mercenary and got to kill several bad guys. Why al the commotion about this game? The creators gave each enemy 22 “hit boxes” (spots where you can hit the enemy) for e.g. you can shoot them in the head, neck, arms hands ect the game has poor graphics. But about a year ago SOF 2 was released and contained over 44 hit boxes you could basically shoot the fingertips off. And the graphics are very realistic.

But is the legendary pacmac considered a violent game?? Why not?? You got to eat the other ghosts

About a month ago there was this show on discovery channel about violence in computer games. They visited a “lan party” this is party with a lot of computers linked together as a huge network just like here in school and then people will play al sorts of computer games together. Sometimes lan parties have their own league to see who the best player (team) is. While discovery was at this lan party they watched the finals and as one team lost they went to the winning team and shook their hands! Are these people going to their school and shoot people?? Discovery channel also wanted to find out who the creator behind counter strike was. Counter strike one the worlds most online played computer games ever. But after the shooting in the columbine high school they accused the creator of the games (the boy who killed 14 kids from his school played counter strike) if you want to win in the game you got to shoot for the this the best way to kill you opponent. The kid who did this at the columbine high school did the same he went straight for the head. So discovery channel was looking for the original creator of counter strike (not the developer) he was a young Korean refugee he fled to America. Discovery channel went in his room and saw posters of little baby seals.
would a boy with posters of little baby seals have the intention kill people in real life!

Counter strike is played by probably played by a million people World wide! If one of them looses his mind and goes berserk, you cant blame the creators of the game. This is just desperately looking for a scapegoat.

In some countries they forbid certain computer games (carmagadon for e.g. is illegal in Germany al the pedestrians where zombies) I think this is ridicules what’s their next step? Banning music? Banning TV shows? BANNING BOOKS?? I think people who cant tell the difference between reality and computer games should not be playing them and locked away in a prison!
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 7 March 2003, 14:04   #2
The6thgate
Lid

Standaard

Dan wil ik eerst even iets van jou weten. Heb je deze op internet gevonden en wil je nu dat wij hem verbeteren, of heb je m zelf gemaakt
The6thgate is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 7 March 2003, 15:07   #3
Nightwolf
Nerd

Standaard Re: engels mondeling

Citaat:
Originally posted by aarsch
English test

I will be talking about violence in computer games and the effect it has on people.
I chose this subject because a friend of mine gave? me an essay about this, and I found it really interesting. I play a lot of computergames myself and would like to know your opinion about violence in them, how far can you go?

And I would like to discuss some people who went insane and killed people, for example columbine high school in America for another example is the owner of a toy store, he banned all the games out of his store because his 7 year old nephew played games in with he needed to kill people by driving over them (pardon ), or another game where you were a criminal and beat up people with baseball bats.

First of all I would like to give some (extreme) examples of violent computer games. Carmagadon I, II & III in this game its your goal to destroy your opponents in a brutal racing car within the time limit. You can gain some extra time by driving over pedestrians and animals. People boycotted the game because of the fact that you can drive over people, this would give a wrong expression to the kids. the nephew of the owner of the toy store () was playing this game. I’ve played the game myself and I must say it is really violent, limbs flying all over the place. The game was originally made for people that are 16 years and older its on the box with big red letters!
(now I am asking the teachers opinion)

G.T.A 1,2 and 3 (vice city)
In this game it is the goal to become a criminal, you start in a big city and you can do what ever you want! Steal a car drive over pedestrians, beat regular civilians down and steal their cash. You can get jobs for the mafia by answering payphones. 1 and 2 where no favourites among the parents because of the “liberty” but the reason why they weren’t boycotted that much, was because they where not the “graphical” the game was 2d (pardon ) and from an above perspective. But gta 3 on the other hand was completely 3d which gave the game a different perspective. It really became “liberty city” you could beat up people with a baseball bat. If you pull a car over, you can violently pull the driver out of his car, throw him on the ground spit in his face and drive away in the car. Then there is GTA vice city which is an expansion to GTA 3. the graphics are slightly improved and its al in the Miami vibe around the 70’s. This game is developed for 30 year old people! His 7 year old nephew was playing this game!

Postal 1 & 2
Postal 1 was a game where you play the rather disturbed character who went insane. And killing everybody in his way. But recently the developers decided to make postal 2. there is a lot of commotion about this game because you need to shoot gay people. The Dutch gay organisation (don’t blame me ) is boycotting the game because of useless violence against gay people. This game is rather weird you can use a cat as a silencer for you gun?

Soldier of fortune 1 & 2
SOF 1 is a computer in which you play a mercenary and got to kill several bad guys. Why al the commotion about this game? The creators gave each enemy 22 “hit boxes” (spots where you can hit the enemy) for example, you can shoot them in the head, neck, arms hands ect. The game has poor graphics. But about a year ago SOF 2 was released and contained over 44 hit boxes you could basically shoot the fingertips off. And the graphics are very realistic.

But is the legendary pacmac considered a violent game?? Why not?? You got to eat the other ghosts

About a month ago there was this show on discovery channel about violence in computer games. They visited a “lan party”. This is party with a lot of computers linked together as a huge network just like here in school and then people will play al sorts of computer games together. Sometimes lan parties have their own league to see who the best player or team is. While discovery was at this lan party they watched the finals and as one team lost they went to the winning team and shook their hands! Are these people going to their school and shoot people?? Discovery channel also wanted to find out who the creator behind Counterstrike was. Counterstrike, one of the worlds most online played computergames ever. But after the shooting in the columbian high school, they accused the creator of the games (the boy who killed 14 kids from his school played Counterstrike). If you want to win in the game you got to shoot for the this the best way to kill you opponent. (pardon ) The kid who did this at the Columbian high school did the same. He went straight for the head. So discovery channel was looking for the original creator of Counterstrike (not the developer). He was a young Korean refugee he fled to America. Discovery channel went in his room and saw posters of little baby seals.
Would a boy with posters of little baby seals have the intention kill people in real life!

Counterstrike is played by played by a million people worldwide! If one of them loses his mind and goes berserk, you can't blame the creators of the game. This is just desperately looking for a scapegoat. (een wat? )

In some countries they forbid certain computergames (for example, carmagadon is illegal in Germany because all the pedestrians were zombies). I think this is ridiculous. What’s their next step? Banning music? Banning TV shows? BANNING BOOKS?? I think people who can't tell the difference between reality and computer games should not be playing them and locked away in a prison!
zitten voor mij nog een aantal onduidelijkheden
Oud 7 March 2003, 15:09   #4
aarsch

Standaard

Citaat:
Originally posted by The6thgate
Dan wil ik eerst even iets van jou weten. Heb je deze op internet gevonden en wil je nu dat wij hem verbeteren, of heb je m zelf gemaakt
zelf gemaakt en ik wil dat jullie aanwijzingen geven en fouten eruit halen
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 7 March 2003, 15:12   #5
aarsch

Standaard Re: Re: engels mondeling

Citaat:
Originally posted by Nightwolf

Citaat:
because his 7 year old nephew played games in with he needed to kill people by driving over them
dat moet zijn in which, ik heb daar over carmagadon

Citaat:
was because they where not the “graphical” the game was 2d (pardon )

hier mee wil ik zeggen dat het spel grafisch niet geweldig was.

Citaat:
If you want to win in the game you got to shoot for the this the best way to kill you opponent. (pardon )

oops er moet HEAD tussen staan.

en een scapegoat is een zondebok
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 7 March 2003, 15:18   #6
Nightwolf
Nerd

Standaard

Citaat:
because his 7 year old nephew played games in which you need to kill people by driving over them
Citaat:
was because they were 2d
Citaat:
If you want to win in the game you got to shoot for the head which is the best way to kill you opponent.
zo zou ik t doen
Oud 7 March 2003, 17:59   #7
Fade of Light

Standaard Re: engels mondeling

Citaat:
Wat betreft stijl is dit een klote opening je gaat niet zeggen dat je het nu gaat hebben over dit en dat, maargoed stijl zal wel niet zo belangrijk zijn.

het gedeelte tussen [ ] is jouw oorpsorngelijke tekst, mijn suggestieve verbetering staat tussen ( ) erachter

Citaat:
I chose this subject because a friend of mine me an essay about this, and I found it really interesting. I [by me self play pretty much computer games] (play many computer games myself) [and would like to know your opinion about violence in them, how far can you go?] (and I would like to know your opinion about violence in those computer games, where's the limit?)
Citaat:
And I would like to [discus] (talk about a few cases, where) [some people who went insane and killed people] (some people went insane and started killing others) (misschien moet "others" weg...), [columbine] (moet dit niet columbian zijn?) high school in America for e.g. another e.g is the owner of a toy store, he banned all the games out of his store, (komma) because his 7 year old nephew played games in [with] he needed to kill people by [driving over them](running over them with a car), or an other game [in you needed to be a criminal](where you are a criminal and you have to) beat up people with baseball bats.
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 7 March 2003, 22:38   #8
Irene!!!!

Standaard Re: Re: engels mondeling

Citaat:
Originally posted by Nightwolf

scapegoat: someone who carries the blame for others

gave is gewoon goed
2e zin ook
en het is "in 2d"
you have to shoot, niet you got to shoot