Ga Terug   Leerlingen.com Forum > Algemeen > School
FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Berichten van vandaag

School Problemen met een verslag? Enquete houden? Plaats het hier als het met school te maken heeft.

Antwoord

Onderwerpopties Waardering: Onderwerp waardering: 3 stemmen, 5,00 gemiddeld. Weergavemodus
Oud 19 March 2003, 17:16   #1
Karma-Killer

Standaard Boekverslag Engels

Ik ben zoooo slecht in het zelf schrijven van Engelse teksten...zou iemand die zin heeft om het door te lezen willen roepen welke fouten hij ziet?!

Citaat:
QUESTION 1. FIND A FRAGMENT OF A SCENE THAT YOU HAD NOT EXPECTED. EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAD NOT EXPECTED THIS (SCENE) TO TAKE PLACE.

Ruth is new in the village and she is very different from the rest of the girls of her new school. That girls don’t like Ruth, and Ruth don’t like them. In this fragment she is just walking through the village and casually chatting with them. That is the first thing I had not expected.
A few days earlier, she met Ben Treseder at the cliffs. Ben knows about her nightmares and Ben wants te help Ruth. The girls from her school don’t like Ben and they are always teasing him and making fun of him.
In the fragment they are coming across Ben and Ruth is the one who started on making jokes about him, while I thought she liked him. Especially beacause he wants to help her.

QUESTION 9. IN WHAT PERIOD OF TIME DOES THE STORY TAKE PLACE? WHAT THREE THING ARE CHARACTERISTIC OF THAT TIME?

I think the story takes place some years ago. It isn’t very long ago, because there are things in the book like cars, radio and television. But it isn’t in the present because they use the library instead of the internet to look things up and find information about their problem. They also don’t use things like mobile phones.
In the first fragment you can see that there is a small garage in the village, so that says that there are at least cars in that period of time.
In the second fragment, the main person is watching quiz shows on the television. A television is an item that people also didn't have in the past.
In the third fragment, Ben is telling about he was looking for information in the library and that it was very busy in the library because of the cold weather.

QUESTION 13.
A.) FIND TWO FRAGMENTS TO SHOW DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS PERSONALITY.

In the first fragment Ruth is very shy and insecure. In the second fragment, she is very impudent against a teacher, who only wants to help her with her troubles at her new school. But Ruth thinks he is trying to replace her deceased dad, and she doesn’t like that at all. Usually, she is a very obliging girl and she is very nice to everyone, and she is a little shy, like she is in the first fragment.
Even in the most extreme situations, she stays cool, but in this conversation she gets very angry and upset.
Later in the book she is acting like this again to Ben, and he is also a person that just wants to help her, but Ruth is a little touchy.

B.) AFTERWARDS, WRITE A LETTER TO THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TELL HER WHAT YOU THINK OF HER. WRITE HER TOO WHAT ADVICE YOU WOULD GIVE HER.

Dear Ruth,
I have to write you a letter to tell you what I think of you and to give you some advice. I like to start with saying that you seem to me as a nice girl, you are spontaneous and I think people can have a nice chat with you. But I also think that it is a pity that you attack people and make fun of people who are just trying to help you with all your problems at school and your nightmares. I also think you have to try to be a little nicer to your mother, because your mother also has a very hard time, just like you. And she is doing the best she can to be a good parent for you and to support you in this hard time.
Love, Yvonne

QUESTION 25.
A.) WHAT MESSAGES ARE THERE IN THE BOOK? IN OTHER WORDS, WHAT CAN PEOPLE LEARN FROM THE BOOK?

I think there is only one important message in the book. The people at school don’t like Ben, because he left school as soon as he was seventeen to work in an old, small garage in the village. They think it was a very stupid decision and they are teasing him for being that stupid. Ben is very detached to them.
Ruth is new in the village and doesn’t know about Ben quitting school. She gets to know Ben and figures out that he is a very nice guy, and that it wasn’t his own decision to leave school, but his father told him to do it. He has had a lot of trouble with his parents and that it is the explanation for his acting.
In the fragment, Ben and Ruth are staying with Ben’s uncle and aunt for a week. Aunt Rosemary is telling Ruth about the troubles in Ben’s family.

B.) WHAT HAVE YOU PERSONALLY LEARNED FROM THE BOOK?

I think my answer on this question is the same as the answer on the first question, because there is only one message in the book. The rest of the story is fictitious, so you can’t take that messages seriously.
I copy the whole text of the first question to get 125 words, but I think I don’t need to do that.

QUESTION 26. WHAT EXTREME SITUATIONS ARE THERE IN THE BOOK?

Ruth is having nightmares about something that is going to happen very soon and it will kill al lot of innocent people. Every time Ruth is having one of these nightmares, Ben wakes up automatically. Together they figure out that it is going to happen in the mines. At one day, Ruth is going to make a trip to the mines with her class. When they are in a very small cross-cut in the mine, Ruth looks behind her and sees the same creatures as in her nightmares. The next moment the whole tunnel begins to shake and the whole mine is falling down. The exit of the cross-cut in which they are is blocked by a rock. They find a small tunnel through which they have to climb if they want to escape. The teacher is wounded and two boys have to take care for him. In the end, they all get out alive
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 19 March 2003, 17:56   #2
Babysmurfie

Standaard

QUESTION 1. FIND A FRAGMENT OF A SCENE THAT YOU HAD NOT EXPECTED. EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAD NOT EXPECTED THIS (SCENE) TO TAKE PLACE.

Ruth is new in the village and she is very different from the rest of the girls in her new school. That girls don’t like Ruth, and Ruth doesn’t like them. In this fragment she is just walking through the village and casually chatting with them. That is the first thing I had not expected.
A few days earlier, she met Ben Treseder at the cliffs. Ben knows about her nightmares and Ben wants te help Ruth. The girls from her school don’t like Ben and they are always teasing him and making fun of him.
In the fragment they are coming across Ben and Ruth is the one who started on moet weg making jokes about him, while I thought she liked him. Especially because he wants to help her.

QUESTION 9. IN WHAT PERIOD OF TIME DOES THE STORY TAKE PLACE? WHAT THREE THING ARE CHARACTERISTIC OF THAT TIME?

I think the story takes place some years ago. It isn’t very long ago, because there are things like cars, radio and television in the book. But it isn’t in moet wegthe present because they use the library instead of the internet to look things up and find information about their problem. They also don’t use things like mobile phones.
In the first fragment you can see that there is a small garage in the village, so that shows that there are at least cars in that period of time.
In the second fragment, the main person is watching quiz shows on the television. A television is an item that people also didn't have in the past.
In the third fragment, Ben is telling about when he was looking for information in the library and that it was very busy over there because of the cold weather.

QUESTION 13.
A.) FIND TWO FRAGMENTS TO SHOW DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS PERSONALITY.

In the first fragment Ruth is very shy and insecure. In the second fragment, she is very impudent against a teacher, who only wants to help her with her troubles at her new school. But Ruth thinks he is trying to replace her deceased dad, and she doesn’t like that at all. Usually, she is a very obliging girl and she is very nice to everyone, and she is a bitshy, like she is moet weg in the first fragment.
Even in the most extreme situations, she stays cool, but in this conversation she gets very angry and upset.
Later in the book she is acting like this again to Ben, and he is also someone whojust wants to help her, but Ruth is a little touchy.

B.) AFTERWARDS, WRITE A LETTER TO THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TELL HER WHAT YOU THINK OF HER. WRITE HER TOO WHAT ADVICE YOU WOULD GIVE HER.

Dear Ruth,
I have to write you a letter to tell you what I think of you and to give you some advice. I would like to start with saying that you seemas moet weg a nice girl to me, you are spontaneous and I think people can have a nice chat with you. But I also think that it is a pity that you attack people and make fun of people who are just trying to help you with all your problems at school and your nightmares. I also think you have to try to be a little nicer to your mother, because your mother also is having a very hard time, just like you. And she is doing the best she can to be a good parent for you and to support you in this hard time.
Love, Yvonne

QUESTION 25.
A.) WHAT MESSAGES ARE THERE IN THE BOOK? IN OTHER WORDS, WHAT CAN PEOPLE LEARN FROM THE BOOK?

I think there is only one important message in the book. The people at school don’t like Ben, because he left school as soon as he was seventeen to work in an old, small garage in the village. They think it was a very stupid decision and they are teasing him for being that stupid. Ben is very detached to them.
Ruth is new in the village and doesn’t know about Ben quitting school. She gets to know Ben and figures out that he is a very nice guy, and that it wasn’t his own decision to leave school, but his father told him to do it. He has had a lot of trouble with his parents and that it is the explanation for his acting.
In the fragment, Ben and Ruth are staying with Ben’s uncle and aunt for a week. Aunt Rosemary is telling Ruth about the troubles in Ben’s family.

B.) WHAT HAVE YOU PERSONALLY LEARNED FROM THE BOOK?

I think my answer on this question is the same as the answer on the first question, because there is only one message in the book. The rest of the story is fictitious, so you can’t take that messages seriously.
I copy the whole text of the first question to get 125 words, but I think I don’t need to do that.

QUESTION 26. WHAT EXTREME SITUATIONS ARE THERE IN THE BOOK?

Ruth is having nightmares about something that is going to happen very soon and that will kill al lot of innocent people. Every time Ruth is having one of these nightmares, Ben wakes up automatically. Together they figure out that it is going to happen in the mines. At moet weg one day, Ruth is making a trip to the mines with her class. When they are in a very small cross-cut in the mine, Ruth looks behind her and sees the same creatures as in her nightmares. The next moment the whole tunnel begins to shake and the whole mine is falling down. The exit of the cross-cut in which they are is blocked by a rock. They find a small tunnel through which they have to climb if they want to escape. The teacher is wounded and two boys have to take care of him. In the end, they all get out alive.
  Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 19 March 2003, 18:16   #3
Karma-Killer

Standaard

Eeej thnx!!
  Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Berichting Regels